Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Of Showers

Hello, beautiful people. Oni here.

I have a story to tell you.

It begins like this –

A week and a half ago, le younger sister moved into my apartment. I showed her how things work, like the shower/sink. The shower/sink works thusly: Turn the knob to the left and water comes out of the shower-head. Turn the knob to the right and water comes out of the faucet. It's quite simple.

Not for le younger sister. This past weekend, I discovered that what I consider simple is not so simple for her. I walked into the bathroom to wash my hands, turned on the water... and was promptly drenched from head to toe. Turns out, le younger sister had taken a shower an hour previously and had completely forgotten to turn the knob back to faucet.

My face upon exiting the bathroom:

Le younger sister apologized profusely and promised to remember. Her short-term memory apparently expires at three days, because that's how long it took for me to be drenched again.


Again apologies and promises to remember. This morning... le younger sister is drenched.

Oni out.

No comments:

Post a Comment