Friday, June 27, 2014

Karma

Lovely folks, do y'all remember the post* Oni made last month about a certain tale of showers (to be found here), in which she trolled an unsuspecting Nabi (me) into getting drenched ON PURPOSE?

Well, I'm here to let you know that karma is a thing. And it's a vicious one.

Let me tell you the tale...

So Oni, Mandu, and I are all hanging out one night. Since I have to work earlier than them in the mornings (10:00 AM vs. 1:30 PM), I normally go home much earlier than they do.

This night is no different.

I get up, go into the foyer, and close the dividing door into the living room. I get my shoes on, and I press the button to (very noisily) unlock the door. I remember at the last second that I left something in Oni's apartment.

So I turn to open the door to the living room again.

However.

Thinking I was safely on my way, Mandu and Oni started talking. Not about much, just what they did at work that day, or some TV show they were watching.

So I decided to listen to see if they talked about me.

After about five minutes, they put on an episode of Vampire Diaries*. They settle in comfortably, completely unaware that I am mere feet away on the other side of a closed door.

Another few minutes pass.

Slowly... carefully... noiselessly... I open the door.

Mandu is the first to see me

"OH GOD!!!!"

Oni joins in.

"What the HE....?!"

Squeals of fright turn into sputterings of displeasure as the realization sets in that it's just little old Nabi.

It was glorious.

Now, I know this is sure to have backlash.... Mandu and Oni are not the forgiving sort of shenanigans such as these (however justified they may be... though Mandu didn't drench me on purpose. We'll call her collateral damage).

I didn't plan to scare them. But it was just so simple... it fell into my lap. I'm an opportunist. Who could blame me?

Regardless... I don't know what revenge shall befall me (I know it's already being plotted), but I simply had to share this age old piece of wisdom: karma's a bitch.

Nabi out.





* you should, since it's the ONLY ONE she's ever posted.

*'I'm not judging since I'm the one who got Oni hooked. Bahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment